What? Another blog?!

If you read my regular blog (which you probably don't), then you're probably scratching your head wondering what are you doing here and what this second blog is for...and now I'm going to tell you. Okay, after this sentence.

I've been an avid film watcher and lover since I can remember. It started with films such as Disney's Mulan  when I was a little girl (and continues as a little girl to this day) to appreciating films like Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel, Darren Aronofsky's Requiem for a Dream, Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather and anything in between - in topics, themes, directing styles, genres, ways of exploration, and really anything. Although I realize watching films is not a strange activity and rather is a common means of entertainment, my passion for watching films and actual filmmaking (that's a WHOLE other story) extends the casual seeing and appreciation. For me, I watch films and try to create films to (be) entertain(ed), obviously, but also to try to educate, express myself, and provide new perspectives and ways of seeing fictitious world to actual real social issues. So for that, I take film theory and criticism seriously, and I'm excited to say that I'll be starting a regular film criticism blog right here (yes, in this very spot where you are reading this - no, not right here...in the previous spot within this sentence). Although I've written film criticism before and since I was young, I did it more casually and not as often, but here I plan to write more frequently, concretely, and with a more mature outlook than when I actually thought The Son of the Mask was actually good (HEY - I was naive and 7 years-old once!!)

So with that said, let's do this thing!!!

(Some things never change.)

Sincerely, Dora Goto

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: "Loco Love"

Film Review: "Christopher Robin"